Srixon is a brand owned by Dunlop Sports Co. Ltd., a subsidiary of Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd. Srixon offers a full range of golf clubs, golf balls, and accessories, which are distributed in nearly all major golf markets. Srixon is dedicated to improving your game. We are a global leader in equipment and innovation, and we use our passion and expertise to develop products of the highest quality and performance that fit a wide range of players – including many of the world’s top professional players.
If you currently work in the industry or are keen to start in the golf section we would like to hear from you - we are always on the look out for exceptional talent to grow our business and serve our customers. Send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our current job vacancies are listed below. If you are interested, please email your CV and covering letter in an email to email@example.com
Srixon is an equal opportunity employer. Unfortunately due to volume of applications that we receive, we are not always able to respond to every submission.
Regional Sales and Demo Representative - Ireland
If you want to apply for this job role, please email your CV and covering letter in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title that you are applying for in the Subject line.
1. OVERALL OBJECTIVE(S) OF THE POST
The purpose of this role is to help SSE (Srixon Sports Europe Ltd) become the number one golf company. This role will contribute through the provision of ethical sales expertise and product knowledge to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and product penetration to established customers and through developing new prospects within the assigned territory.
2. POSITION IN ORGANISATION
- Reports directly to Head of UK & Ireland Sales and Demo Co-ordinator (TBC)
- Takes direction from the Regional Account Manager in your area (dotted line reporting)
- Takes direction from the Demo Co-Ordinator on demo day matters
- Develops strong and effective working relationships with Customer Services, Marketing, Credit Control, Planning and Logistics teams
- Maintains an excellent professional relationship with our customers and consumers.
3. SCOPE OF JOB (these are expanded in Section 6)
- Sales development
- Demo and Fitting Days
- Brand representation
- Journey planning and territory management
- Data management
- Credit management
4. DIMENSIONS & LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
- Key contact for customer base in designated sales area
- May authorise genuine credit requests up to £300
- Works within the allocated TMF (Territorial Management Fund) parameters set by Head of Sales for UK and Ireland
- Keeps within authorised pricing levels, unless authority given by Head of Sales for the UK and Ireland
- Ensure all Product training requests is undertaken throughout the year
- Ensure all relevant Marketing Materials for any event are despatched and delivered in good time
5. PERSON SPECIFICATION
Requirements to carry out the job effectively (and which may be developed).
Proven Ability, Qualifications & TrainingESSENTIAL
- Proven track record either within the Golf industry or FMCG sales
- Excellent all-round knowledge of golf club and ball technology
- Ability to plan effective programme of days and deliver all fitting/demo days
- Ability to custom fit and ball fit both consumers and professionals
- Results driven and self-motivated, demonstrating the ability to succeed and striving to be “No. 1”
- Ability to influence, engender trust and build effective working relationships
- Ability to move equipment and boxes up to 20KGs
- Holds valid driver’s licence and able to undertake extensive travel (car and occasionally plane)
- Able to stay away from home on a regular basis and undertake extensive travel (car & occasionally plane). Flexibly is needed to include some nights and occasional weekends away
- Knowledge of existing area and customer base
- Ability to focus on accuracy, attention to detail and quality of delivery in a competitive market
Skills, Knowledge & AttributesESSENTIAL
- Maintains up to date knowledge of SSE’s full product line and specifications and Competitors product ranges
- Excellent sales skills demonstrated through generating sales growth and product appreciation
- Skilled in establishing and building productive relationships through engagement and delivering to an exceptional service level
- Passion for the business, demonstrated through sharing expertise and helping customers make the right purchasing decisions
- Manages overdue accounts in a professional and ethical manner
- Communicates confidently and effectively and remains calm and polite under pressure
- Exceptional team ethic and desire to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Plans, prioritises and organises workload effectively and ensures deadlines are met
- Positive and resilient attitude
- Smart, well presented and business like
- Proficient in the use of technology, esp. MS Office, Internet and e-mail
- Excellent understanding of the UK Golf market
- Warm and friendly with good sense of humour
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to convert an objector/complainer into an advocate
- Excellent administration skills
- Demonstrates good judgment
6. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify new sales opportunities within existing accounts by up-selling and cross-selling and for business development designed to prospect potential customers and increase sales through daily phone calls, email or other outreach strategies
- Generate sales to meet company targets both quarterly and annually for all brands
- Build and sustain excellent professional / ethical relationships with customers
- Deliver an exceptional level of service to all accounts within a defined geographical area
- Manage customer expectations and discuss their business in fine detail to include Product Categories, margins & sales opportunities
- Proactively handle any issues / objections in a professional and ethical manner
- Seek new distribution opportunities within accounts that would enhance the Company brands
- Develop a strong product knowledge (including current and past product offerings) for all our brands, ensuring it is up to date in order that expert knowledge and product features and benefits can be passed on to the customer
- Provide innovative and high-quality communications internally and to account base when required. This includes clear and complete communications, keeping the customer informed and honouring promises made - ensuring that customers are never copied in on internal emails
- Provide assistance on demo days where possible, which may include some outside of business hours or at weekends
- Ensure that planning and preparations for sales calls are completed ensuring a clear and concise sales program for all accounts
- Attend and present at external customer meetings, sales meetings and conferences when required and other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills if required
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed aims
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods
Demo and Fitting Days
- Implement product training for all fitting cart accounts
- Plan, booking and execution of club fitting days to boost sales
- Liaise with Regional Sales Manager to ensure only the agreed and most successful accounts are visited and new potential accounts are seen
- Ensure all relevant Marketing material for any event are dispatched and delivered in good time
- Ensure all Product training requested for any account in undertaken
- Be the product expert, including training at installation
- Be focal point for the assigned area for key product issues or questions
- Understand products and activities for all Competitors in the assigned area
- Ensure weekly movements and demo day booking are advised to the Marketing department
- Complete demo day reports of effectiveness and rate the success of each event and sales achieved
- Maintain an approachable and friendly manner and act with professionalism to ensure that SSE is presented in a positive manner
- Maintain a smart appearance
- Ensure that the company car is kept clean and tidy in order to reflect a professional image
- Represent SSE in a positive manner and with enthusiasm and passion.
Journey planning and territory management
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy
- Keep expense claims up to date, along with mileage log on a weekly/monthly basis
- Maintain required call rate and journey plan in line with customers and company's expectations
- Document customer appointments / Journey Plans
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales - especially managing personal time and productivity
Data Management and administration
- Properly enter standard orders via Pepperi and manage any changes and order enquires, ensuring all business rules are followed
- Ensure any custom fit and logo orders are sent in to customer services in a timely manner
- Ensure understanding of sales programs and enforce guidelines or seek approval from the Head of Sales, UK & Ireland
- Ensure knowledge of product availability is maintained and be able to provide accurate information on stock status and/or estimated product delivery
- Maintain up to date customer records and sales reports
- Ensure all reports and requested information is completed on time and in full
- Manage TMF, Local budgets and relevant customer contracts in line with allocated targets
- Supply to the Head of Sales for UK & Ireland relevant competitor information on a regular basis
- Liaise with the credit control team to manage the aged debt to an acceptable level
- Ensure that customer accounts are not on hold before sales are agreed
- Check credit limits on a regular basis
- Liaise with Credit Control on a regular basis and reply promptly to any queries.
7. ADDITIONAL TASKS
To assist with other departmental duties where necessary, as listed below:
- The job role requires nationwide travel and will require staying away from home to effectively manage the area.
- As part of your employment, travel may be required anywhere within the world in order to carry out the duties of employment.
- Due to the nature of the role, there is a requirement to carry out some work out of office hours. Where this is exceptional and outside of what might be expected from this role, this work is to be arranged in accordance with procedures.
- Take due and reasonable care of oneself and others in respect of Health & Safety at Work.
- Act in accordance with the principles of SRI’s CSR Policy.
- In all work activities, comply with data protection legislation and SSE’s requirements for the protection of personal information and the privacy of individuals.
- Provide formal and informal training at the request of your line manager, senior manager or a director, on your areas of expertise, to other members of staff, work experience students etc.
- The job description is not exhaustive, and you may be asked to carry out additional tasks which are appropriate to your job role, as required by your line manager
- Attend trade show or conferences within the UK and Ireland.